On the eve of the 2017 Ballarat Apron Festival, we’re busy preparing to bring you the most amazing celebration of aprons you’ve seen! From our annual Apron Competition, with so many creative pieces submitted, to the maker’s market, art show, kids’ activities and cafe – we’ve got something for everyone this weekend!!
Come and be awed by the hundreds of handmade aprons, grab a coffee and listen to heritage talks about local apron collections. You can even take a photo in our vintage photobooth – upload to social media with the hashtags #weloveaprons and #ballaratapronfestival to share the love far and wide.
We look forward to seeing you all there – remember that entry is only $2, and members and children under 12 get in free!!
10am-5pm Saturday 27th May & 10am-4pm Sunday 28th May 2017
St Patrick’s Cathedral Hall, Dawson Street South, Ballarat, Victoria!
The exciting news you’ve all been waiting for – the Competition Form for this year’s Ballarat Apron Festival is now available, and we are accepting entries from Thursday March 30th right through until Thursday May 11th! Our theme this year is: A Day in the Life of an Apron in the 1950s.
Download your copy of the Apron Competition Form here for details on how to submit your amazing creations, and then share the crafty love with your friends and family by bringing them along to the Festival on May 27th & 28th at the St Patrick’s Cathedral Hall in Ballarat.
Here’s a taste of what’s to come, with details of our Competition Prizes for this year, most generously donated by our wonderful Sponsors!!
- Prettiest Baking Apron – Sponsored by Saltbush Kitchen – Prize: Spice Class Ticket to the value of $100.00
- Best Use of Colour – Sponsored by Boltons Workwear Direct – Prize: $100.00 Workwear Voucher
- Vintage/Heritage Style – Sponsored by Sovereign Hill – Prize: Family Pass to Sovereign Hill
- Use of Sustainable Practices – Sponsored by De’bee Signature Balms – Prize: Gift Basket of Products to the value of $100.0
- Wearable Art Apron – Sponsored by City of Ballarat – Ballarat Heritage Weekend – Prize: High Tea Voucher for 4 at Craig’s Hotel, Lydiard Street South, Ballarat
- Trade Apron: Day in the Life of a Trade Apron – Sponsored by Wozzles – Prize: $100 Coles/Myer Gift Card
- Phoenix Primary School Grade 3 & 4 – Sponsored by Spotlight -Prize: Grade 3 – $50 Spotlight Gift Card; Grade 4 – $50 Spotlight Gift Card
- Phoenix Secondary School Year 8 & 9 – Sponsored by Spotlight – Prize: Year 8 – $50 Spotlight Gift Card; Year 9 – $75 Spotlight Gift Card
Now get crafting – we are very excited to have you join us this year, and we can’t wait to see your creations as they arrive at Ballarat Apron Festival HQ!!